DuPage County Divorce Mediation and Family Law Mediation is an alternative dispute resolution method that assists parties in reaching a mutually acceptable agreement. Divorce Mediation and Family Law Mediation is confidential and conducted in a supportive, private, and non-adversarial setting.
The benefits of DuPage County Divorce Mediation and Family Law Mediation include:
- Direct communication;
- The parties control the process;
- Mediation agreements are determined by the individuals, not third parties;
- Parties are more inclined to abide by an agreement that they have created;
- Mediation helps narrow the issues (even if an agreement is not reached);
- Mediation is cost and time efficient.
DuPage County Divorce Mediator, Erin Birt, is a family law mediator and an Illinois divorce lawyer. As a DuPage County Divorce Mediator and lawyer, she understands the legal requirements for an enforceable and equitable divorce or family law agreement in DuPage County, Illinois. When requested, she can present to parties various options that have been previously accepted by a divorce court to help move the parties forward. Ms. Birt, however, cannot provide the parties with legal advice or present legal strategy to either party in her role as a DuPage County Divorce Mediator.
A DuPage County Divorce Mediator since 2004, Ms. Birt, has mediation experience with the following complex Illinois divorce and family law issues:
- Same Sex Couple Separation
- Cohabiting Couple Separation
- Unmarried Parents Separation
- Divorce and Legal Separation
- Property and Debt Division
- Maintenance or Alimony
- Parental Responsibilities
- Custody and Visitation (Parenting Time)
- Child Support Issues
- Removal of child/ren from Illinois
- Post-divorce issues (i.e. contribution to college expenses)
- Modification to Marital Settlement Agreements
- Annual review of Parenting Agreements
DuPage County Divorce Mediator, Erin Birt, serves clients in Wheaton, Glen Ellyn, Naperville, Warrenville, Winfield, Carol Stream, Bloomingdale, Lombard, Elmhurst, Downers Grove, and Oak Brook as well as other cities located in DuPage County. We have experience serving clients in Cook County, Will County, and Kane County.